Citrusbyte is a software consultancy that believes in using simple tools to solve problems. We build custom systems for both startups and enterprises - You can see our portfolio for more information about our clients.
We have offices in Los Angeles and New York, but we work remotely with people from all around the world.
Our engineers have experience in a consultative environment, excellent communication skills and a desire to work with talented teams building innovative products. We work closely with our clients, sharing our experience and processes to help them define and create their products.
Most of our projects are written in Ruby, so experience in this language is required, but we are looking for experienced polyglot engineers who have a hunger for learning new languages and tools. At Citrusbyte, learning is part of the job, and you should always be able to answer the question: "what have I learned this week?"
We believe that less is more and we vehemently value simplicity. This is reflected in the tools we choose to work with. For this reason we tend to avoid using big frameworks like Ruby on Rails and instead lean towards smaller tools like Sinatra, Roda or Cuba.
We have also done projects in Elixir, Node.js, Go, Python, Lua, etc. And strive to learn new tools and languages everyday. We believe in always choosing the right tool for the job and we are very open minded about trying different technologies.
As a Solutions Architect, you will have a consultative role, directly supporting our clients and our teams so we can achieve our mission. These are some of the things you'll be responsible for:
- Assisting the sales team with uncovering and understanding technical requirements from our clients.
- Producing estimates and risk assessments for prospective projects.
- Preparing and delivering technical presentations to support sales.
- Creating artifacts to support the sales process such as prototypes, diagrams, etc.
Project Kick-start and Discovery
- Becoming a domain expert for the problems Citrusbyte needs to solve.
- Researching and documenting the client’s existing infrastructure, systems, technologies, teams and in general all the information the engineering team will need to start the project implementation phase successfully.
- Validating integration points into client’s systems, and validating technical hypotheses, through prototyping, tech spikes, and technical feasibility efforts.
- Collaborating with the rest of the team on defining a mission and strategy for the project as well as starting to delineate what the product will be.
- Day-to-day point of contact for all things technical with client stakeholders and client team.
- Guide the client through complex technology selection and platforming decisions to support a successful implementation phase.
- Continually educating client and client stakeholders about the benefits of Citrusbyte’s approach and process to software and solutions development.
- Develop strong and durable relationships with key client stakeholders and client technical/IT organization.
- Contributing to planning a resourcing strategy for the project, taking into consideration the required skill sets, team size, etc.
- Lead the relationship with the client from the engineering side. Able to receive feedback about our engineering team directly and mediate if necessary when there are any conflicts.
- On-boarding and guiding the team throughout the client’s ecosystem (accounts, VPN, who to talk about a particular topic, etc).
- Contributing to design engineering solutions for our client. Stepping back and thinking about what we’re building with a focus on usability, simplicity and quality.
- Helping define the project technology stack and identifying the risks of the project execution plan.
- Ensuring that projects live up to Citrusbyte engineering quality standards.
- Ensuring that multiple projects across a single account adhere to consistent best practices, processes and technology stacks.
- Augmenting the engineering team to solve challenging and complex problems.
- Mentoring and coaching the team to consult with the client, so everyone becomes a trusted advisor and is empowered to take on a consultative role.
- Maintain strong and durable relationships with key client stakeholders and client technical/IT organization.
- Gathering requirements from the client and any necessary stakeholders for handing over the project.
- Collaborating with the team to create a successful project hand-off plan.
Project Support & Maintenance
- Collaborating on defining a resourcing strategy for any support or maintenance commitments after the implementation phase is complete.
- Ensuring that our team has an effective plan for supporting the project as it grows.
- Over 10 years of experience in software engineering.
- Over 5 years of experience directly consulting with clients.
- Proficient and experienced with at least 3 programming languages.
- Demonstrates continuous learning and being up to date with modern technologies.
- Demonstrates a strong preference for simplicity in all aspects of software development.
- Excellent spoken and written english level.
- Lives within UTC-8 and UTC-3.